We are growing and we want you on our team!
Why is TriState Restaurant Group a best place to work?
"Tristate started with a vision from a young restaurateur, Kevin Trimarchi. A graduate of Johnson and Wales University he opened his flagship restaurant 22 West Tap and Grill. In 2016, Kevin turned the crumbling Office Bar and Grill into one of the hottest burger joints in Somerset County. A 260 seat restaurant located right on busy highway route 22 in Bridgewater. Since inception the restaurant has been a trend setter with menu items like the BYOB Burger, Speciality Cocktails, Live Music every weekend and so much more.
Kevin didn’t stop there!! He opened his second location Oink and Moo BBQ Market with successful and award winning Joshua Sacks in downtown Somerville. Oink and Moo offers authentic BBQ as well as any accessories and smokers for the at home enthusiast. A second Oink and Moo location was opened in Bell Works, Holmdel NJ soon after.
In 2019 Kevin had a vision sitting at home one night craving cookies. He looked and realized nobody was selling designer cookies. In May of 2020 with the help of Executive Pastry Chef Jenny Delisa, Epic Cookies opened in downtown Somerville offering a decadent selection of everyones favorites cookies as well as a weekly rotating menu. The cookie store quickly took off and demand was so intense he acquired the old Ritas (just a few doors down) to expand his offering into rolled and soft serve ice-cream with a large selection of specialty cakes and pastries.
Tristate Restaurant Group currently employees over 140 people. The continued success of all of our brands comes from the constant dedication from all of our staff and the ingenuity of our owner and founder Kevin Trimarchi."
Our Social Media Specialist is responsible for creating and administering content on all of our social media accounts such as Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok to build an audience and ensure effective customer engagement. Our Social Media Specialist also monitors site metrics, responds to customer comments, and assists in creating a loyal base for our restaurant group. This position will work with the marketing team and the operations team collectively to ensure the most successful production of social media content.
- Developing social media content plans that are consistent with the company’s brand identity.
- Creating consistent, meaningful content on all social media platforms, including writing, and editing social media posts, improving customer engagement, and promoting social media campaigns.
- Managing a high volume of daily social media posts.
- Communicating with social media followers, including responding to queries in a timely manner.
- Preparing monthly reports on social media marketing efforts.
- Suggesting recommendations to adjust the social media marketing strategy for optimal results.
- Staying up to date on best practices and emerging trends in social media.
- Measure the success of your social media campaigns using company KPI’s.
- Performing other duties when needed.
Ambee Coffee Co. is an organic coffee & tea shop looking for an experienced barista, cold brew production assistant, and key holder. In addition to serving organic coffee, we also offer vegan and gluten-free bakery options for our beloved customers.
Our ideal candidate:
- has a passion for coffee/tea
- is enthusiastic and outgoing
- has the ability to multitask
- has worked on a manual espresso machine
- Superior customer service and knowledge of our products
- Making and serving specialty coffee and tea beverages to Ambee’s standards
- Ensuring that the espresso machine is calibrated so espresso-based beverages are always consistent and perfect
- Maintaining a safe and clean working environment
- Serving customers in a friendly and efficient manner
- Accurately following cash handling procedures
- Demonstrating a thorough understanding of all menu offerings
- Part-time, Full-time
- $15.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Guest services: 1 year (Required)
- Barista experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Required)
- Night Shift (Required)
- One location
- Keep Station Clean and Organized
- Cook Meats and seafood to desired Temperature
- Be able to keep up with high volume nights
- Be a team player helping your fellow line cooks as they do with you
- Prep your station daily for what is needed
- Proper time management with cooking and coordinating with other line cooks
- Keep dish area clean and sanitized
- Wash and put away all dishes and cutlery as they come in.
- Break down boxes and dispose of all trash during and end of shift
- Maintain floor throughout shift. Scrub and mop floors at end of night
- Straighten up loading dock or receiving areas and dumpster at all times
- Greet/welcome guests with a smile and positive attitude
- Walk guests to their tables engaging in conversation with them while walking
- Manage tables and wait times using our DineTime system
- Answer phones within two rings
- Manage to-go ordering platforms; grub hub, door dash, etc.
- Manage restrooms throughout restaurant; keeping everything clean and stocked
- Keep walkway out front of entrance free of debris; this incudes trash can and sweeping up cigarette butts
- During peak hours some light table bussing may be required
- Assisting guests by holding doors open when they’re entering and leaving the building
- Manage the cleanliness of the high chairs and booster seats between each usage as well as at the beginning and end of the shift
- Hosts are the face of the restaurant, they’re the first people that the guest see when they enter. Having a spiffy uniform and a ear to ear smile is the key! Between holding doors open and managing wait times there is plenty to do at the host stand! After all it is the first step to being in the restaurant industry. Greeting and walking guests to their table, answering phone calls (within two rings), managing to-go platforms, and keeping restrooms stocked and clean with Some light lifting of high chairs will be required.
- Greet guests and find out why they’re dining with us!
- Be personable and read the table to provide service that meets their needs
- Take orders but don’t be order takers, provide service compatible to the table; answer questions about the menu, make suggestions, verify any allergies
- Run drinks in a timely manner whether it’s to your table or not; don’t let service bar get crowded!
- Run hot food hot and cold food cold; whether it is your food or someone else’s; guests come before egos
- CPR: Checkback, Prebuss, Refill! Keep the table alive, check on your guests and their experience to make sure everything is suiting their needs
- Maintain sections which are assigned by a manager. This includes table sets and sweeping the floor
- Do your sidework! Such as keeping server stations stocked and getting ice
- Process payments quickly and accurately; the guest should never be waiting on you
- Study and memorize the menus, if you have any questions ask away! Our menus change frequently so keeping up to date on them is the best way to go about your knowledge of them
- Servers lead the restaurant with their best foot forward. Between answering questions and guiding guests through our menus to providing top notch service there is nothing a server can’t do. Maintaining sections and sidework come as part of the job. A guest should never wait on you so being quick and efficient is the way to be.
Attentiveness, customer service, interpersonal skills, active listening, being able to recommend suitable food and drink, good cash handling skills, monitoring levels of intoxication stocking and maintaining a clean bar and liquor supplies. MULTITASKING.
Making sure our guests leave happy and taken care of. Assuring that cocktails are made properly and efficiently.
Bartenders work directly with customers by mixing and serving drink orders. Their responsibilities include age verifying, knowing alcohol pairing and taste , processing payments, cleaning the bar and supplies. Also making sure the bar is well stocked for the shift.
Speed, attention to detail, a sense of urgency, being able to multitask.
The position of a Busser is to reset tables and a speedy, professional and efficient manner as a guest leaves the restaurant. Making sure the dining area is clean for new guests when they sit at a table.
Speed. Multitasking, accuracy. Good memory skills.
A food runner is responsible for quickly and accurately delivering food orders from the kitchen to guests at the restaurant.
Making sure that they're up-to-date on menu knowledge to properly garnish food before hitting the table.
Able to work as a team.
- Understanding of the process around cake decorating and working in a bakery setting
- Knowledge of working with cake mediums like buttercream, fondant, royal icing and gumpaste
- Fill, ice, decorate and finish cakes ask by the customers
- Stack and decorate multiple tier cakes
- Sculpt fondant/modeling chocolate figures and other items
- Pipe detailed patterns and messages on sides and tops of cakes
- Ensure quality of products and integrity of cakes are good and to company standards
- Ability to help customers vision become reality
- Assist in the development of menu items
- Answer customer phone calls and questions about cakes, baked goods, and dessert bars. Work with customers to bring their vision to reality
- Work with management to create a memorable experience for guests
- Ensure a safe and positive environment for our members and each other
- Embrace inclusion and diversity, by working together with collaboration and respect
- Work as a team to achieve goals
- Filling orders as they come in.
- Prepping recipes as instructed
- Prepare a wide variety of goods such cookies, cakes tarts, etc. while following traditional and modern recipes
- Create new and exciting desserts to renew our constant changing menus and engage the interest of customers
- Decorate pastries to ensure the presentation will be beautiful and exciting
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients make appropriate orders within budget
A restaurant cashier operates a cash register, communicates with customers, and assists other restaurant staff as needed. Responsibilities in this career can include processing credit card payments, accepting cash payments and making change, and using a point of sale (POS) system for transactions. Restaurant cashier duties also involve greeting guests, helping resolve customer complaints, and maintaining knowledge of the menu and sales policies.
- Greet customers as they enter the restaurant
- Process credit cards and get signatures
- Create change for those paying with cash
- Closeout the register at the end of the day
- Provide customer service and complaint resolution
- Maintain and replenish front of house items